- This event has passed.
The Power of Empathy in Clinical Practice: Maximizing Our Healing Influence with Patients
November 19, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
A new 10-hour workshop modeled after the successful elective for LECOM School of Pharmacy students.
November 18 – 19, 2016 at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
- Friday – 10AM – 5PM (with lunch)
- Saturday – 8AM – Noon
- David Zelman, President of The Transitions Institute of Dallas, TX, and Amazon bestselling author of “If I Can, You Can: Transformation Made Easy”
- Hershey Bell, Professor of Family Medicine, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the LECOM School of Pharmacy
- Develop an understanding of the meaning and utility of empathic practice
- Develop an understanding of the complex social and psychological issues related to inter-professional empathic practice
- Identify psychological and systemic barriers to empathy in healthcare
- Develop humanistic skills that allow healthcare providers to continuously improve empathic skills
This highly interactive inter-professional workshop is designed for physicians, pharmacists, dentists, nurses, and all health-related professionals who care for patients.
Special introductory pricing for this new workshop:
- 99.00 for health care professionals
- 59.00 for residents*
- Free for students*
*Limited seating is reserved for residents and students
- O.A. The American Osteopathic Association Council on Continuing Medical Education (AOA CCME) has approved this program for 10 credit hours in Category 1-A.
- A.F.P. Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
- Applications have been submitted to the PPA for Pharmacy CE credit and to Allegheny Health Network for AMA PRA Category 1 credit
TO RESERVE A SEAT (maximum participation 50 seats), please contact Sharon Morrison at email@example.com or 814-860-5168.
We hope to see you there for what promises to be an extraordinary workshop event!